You will first need to identify and research:
- What is a pitch? What does it consist of? What information needs to be included?
- What is a treatment? What does it consist of? What information needs to be included?
You now need to write a pitch and treatment for your film/script. Consider the following:
- Use persuasive language
- What is your unique selling point?
- Is it well planned and thought out? (You could gain feedback from your peers)
- Provide sufficient detail
- Have an exciting introduction to grab attention
- Will the reader continue to be interested?
- Make a bold statement to draw the listener in
- Address the main issue and state your position – this is called an opening statement
- Ask rhetorical questions
- You are using persuasive writing – this uses mainly present tense
- Use powerful verbs, strong adjectives by using emotive language
- Use key points